There are times when you want to get away from home. Just hit the road with no clear destination in mind, take a drive and be confident it will turn out the way you want. Part of the thrill of a road trip is the car you take it in. After all, who wants to drive a few hundred miles in a Yugo? Here are the top five road trip cars today.
- Mustang Convertible…a drop top coupled with decent comfort, enough said.
- Hyundai Azera…extra creature comforts and plenty of fuel efficiency.
- Lotus Esprit…James Bond drove it and you would, too.
- Ford Model T…if you have ridden in a Tin Lizzie you know it lacks comfort, but it is one hell of a ride for car enthusiasts.
- 1964 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible…this model needs no elaboration.
Speaking from experience, taking a road trip is less spur of the moment than it is an inspiration that needs to be succumbed to from time to time. Good luck on your next trip.