Competition, new technology and more efficient manufacturing techniques continue to combine to give us quality cars that are, somewhat relatively speaking, inexpensive. Kelley Blue Book has checked the numbers and virtually kicked the tires to find out which cars costing less than $18,000 are the best buys.
This is the list they came up with.
- The Dodge Dart at $15,995 and rated 25 City/36 Hwy is a fun little car to drive.
- The Hyundai Veloster, $17,300, 28/40, is sporty three-door coupe that is also practical.
- The Fiat 500, $15,500, 30/38, is comfortable in front and is also available as a convertible.
- The Mazda3, $15,200, 25/33, is an efficient, yet sport, little model.
- The Chevrolet Sonic, $13,865, 26/35, is one of GM’s best small cars of all time.
- The Ford Fiesta, $13,200, 29/38, is as stylish as it gets when it comes to this category of vehicle.
- The Honda Fit, $15,325, 27/33, is a perennial visitor to these types of lists.
- The Kia Soul, $13,900, 27/35, has got to be funkiest box on wheels.
- The humbly-named Scion iQ, $15,265, 36/37, is one of most fuel efficient cars ever made.
- The Volkswagen Jetta, $15,515, 24/34, has plenty of trunk and backseat space.
Looking for more than groovy? Check these other lists: